Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
bon iver by bon iver
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: bon iver by bon iver

Maybe I should listen to it?

Dec 22, 2011, 17:53

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Kazak wrote:
Maybe I should listen to it?

maybe.

Dec 22, 2011, 17:57

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

hito wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
Thanks for the link, I like it in a sleepy way.

No offence to you but I think too many do at the moment. These albums that are up the top are nice but unremarkable. It is sad to think of all the great albums over the years with their complexity and experimentation and creativity being held up next to an album that seems at least partly inspired by the Eagles and would fit into a Vegas venue.

Get the Josh T Pearson album. Mind=blown.

Dec 23, 2011, 00:48

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Mars Rover wrote:

i was looking through the albums i got this year because i wanted to contribute to the best of '11 thread...and there's nothing that really stands out to me, nothing that qualifies as "classic" to me anyway. bon iver and the ilk just bore me to tears. and a lot of other stuff people on here like a lot is not for me. looking for a new inspiration.

i just feel...(don't know why i need to write this)that with the loss of the groop and broadcast there's this huge void in the music world right now, it doesn't seem right.

Dec 23, 2011, 03:11

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I'm not really very motivated to...

Dec 23, 2011, 03:35

hito
hito
1745 posts

Well, at least I am not the only one. A guy I used to have respect for when it came to musical taste played his best of 2011 on the radio the other night and the bit I heard was all 80's sounding pop music. Again, not bad but not inspirational.

So today I was wandering about listening to Hex Enduction by the Fall and thinking, wow. So glad I heard this this year in a year where little else did it for me. The raw production, manic drumming, bang, crash, snarl and jangle. It seemed somewhat criminal that this album was not rated the best for 1982; it is far better than Thriller. Furthermore, I thought that if it came out this year, it would surely have romped it in over Bon Iver and Destroyer.

Dec 23, 2011, 12:52

mikka000
1083 posts

not a fan. bring a pillow!

Dec 25, 2011, 04:38

mikka000
1083 posts

a lot of people are getting like that. people re getting tired of layers, production, effects and odd instrumentation, time signatures, self consciously arty film clips etc making up for mediocre song writing. people will always return to rock in its various forms because that's what consistently rings true for people.

Bon iver, tUNE yARDS (who evidently need to write their name funny and pretentiously in order to make up for obvious musical shortcomings) and M83 can join Animal Collective and Aerial Pink on the pile of overrated bands that are a massive snoozefest and arse-numblingly dull.

Ta Da! :D

Dec 25, 2011, 23:29

matthew6
matthew6
1890 posts

mikka000 wrote:
tUNE yARDS (who evidently need to write their name funny and pretentiously in order to make up for obvious musical shortcomings)

What are Stereolab making up for with their pretentious song titles?

Dec 26, 2011, 01:10

mikka000
1083 posts

i always thought their song titles added to their music along with the cover art etc. like a complete package.

Dec 26, 2011, 22:53

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index