Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
bon iver by bon iver
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

bon iver by bon iver

8 tries left!

http://boniver.beggarspromo.com/

code - BIBI_560A9577

Jun 29, 2011, 21:23

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2695 posts

Re: bon iver by bon iver

I picked this up last week and loved it from the first listen. "Perth" is my favorite so far. "Beth Rest" totally reminds me of an emotional crossroads moment in a cheesy 80's movie.....in a good way. He's playing 2 shows in Minneapolis in September. I might just have to go!

Jun 29, 2011, 21:30

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

It's pretty nice. Chilled :)

Jun 29, 2011, 21:34

hito
hito
1745 posts

Do you think it is the best album of 2011?

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/8727-the-top-50-albums-of-2011/5/

Dec 21, 2011, 02:00

matthew6
matthew6
1890 posts

hito wrote:

Do you think this is top ten material?

Dec 21, 2011, 02:09

hito
hito
1745 posts

Not her best song in my opinion. The album has a number of great tracks but overall, it is not as strong as her first.

Dec 21, 2011, 02:29

matthew6
matthew6
1890 posts

hito wrote:
Not her best song in my opinion. The album has a number of great tracks but overall, it is not as strong as her first.

It's the songs that introduced me to them - heard it on the radio... I am now going through the rest... I took it for granted on hearing this song that the singer was a male... interesting surprise

Dec 21, 2011, 02:56

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

No, but it is very pleasant.

Dec 21, 2011, 06:49

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

Thanks for the link, I like it in a sleepy way.

Dec 21, 2011, 07:11

hito
hito
1745 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Thanks for the link, I like it in a sleepy way.

No offence to you but I think too many do at the moment. These albums that are up the top are nice but unremarkable. It is sad to think of all the great albums over the years with their complexity and experimentation and creativity being held up next to an album that seems at least partly inspired by the Eagles and would fit into a Vegas venue.

Dec 21, 2011, 10:49

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index