Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Who should we vote in as moderators for the forum??
43 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

Re: Who should we vote in as moderators for the forum??

Mu Mu wrote:
I'm wondering how u narrowed it down to Hito & wracket?

Wracket is an excellent forum member for a very long time, and has a great sense of humor, while Hito is boring know it all with nothing to contribute at all.

They have zero in common.

Thanks for the kind words (about me at least!), but let me take this opportunity to voice the opinion that while Hito obviously got off on the wrong foot with a few of the regulars, I disagree that he has nothing to contribute.

The medium of the internet forum has the strange ability to bring out the aggressiveness in so many of its users and, from a relatively early stage, there was obviously a lot of two-way aggressiveness as regards Hito and quite a few "village elders" here, which then led to a few of the trollier hangers-on championing Hito, which led to a further confirmation in the mind of some that this Hito character is up to no good.

But if both sides (in fact, if everyone here--myself included) could remind themselves that the forum is a fairly limited medium for communication and that, given the right (wrong) personality mix, any one conversation can too easily descend into an exchange of barbs, no matter what the original intentions of the posters.....er, even I am not really following myself there (and risk getting late for work), but I guess I'll just ask us all to just think of the great prophet Rodney King, let bygones be bygones and see if we can't all lock hands in friendship across this great, pink entity we call Mother Earth?

(That'll have to do...gotta run.)

May 12, 2011, 06:36

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: